Our club openly welcomes all junior touch players to consider joining our #thunderbuddies family and have the opportunity to develop and enjoy touch football through our junior representative program.
Please see below information for players and parents in relation to our 2021-22 Junior Representative Touch season.
In order to be considered for selection in our junior representative touch teams, all players must:
- complete the online player EOI form – https://forms.gle/DzZrux8PweVo1MRH7.
- do one of the following, either;
- attend the selection trial, or
- lodge an inability to trial form prior to 2pm on the day of their division trial (see Unable to Attend Trial section below).
- participate in this years 2021-22 Orange Thunder social touch football competition, in any Mens, Womens, Mixed, Junior or Mini team (this includes the Struddys Super Series).
There will be a single selection trial for each division, with selection trials to be held from 1-5 November 2021 at Waratahs Sports Ground commencing at 5.00pm each afternoon. The schedule for the junior representative selection trials will be as follows:
- Tuesday 26 October at 5pm – U18 Boys & U18 Girls (for all players born 2004 or 2005)
- Please note for U18 Boys & U18 Girls trial, all players aged 16 and over MUST provide evidence of double vaccination in order to attend the selection trial.
- Any players aged 16 and over who are not double vaccinated will not be able to attend the trial and will be asked to complete an inability to trial form.
- This requirement is to ensure our trials are completed in line with health restrictions which will be implemented once NSW reaches 80% double vaccinations.
- Wednesday 27 October at 5pm – U16 Boys & U16 Girls (for all players born 2006 or 2007)
- Wednesday 3 November at 5pm – U12 Boys & U12 Girls (for all players born 2010 or 2011)
- Thursday 4 November at 5pm – U10 Boys & U10 Girls (for all players born 2012, 2013 or 2014)
- Friday 5 November at 5pm – U14 Boys & U14 Girls (for all players born 2008 or 2009)
Please note that second (or development) teams will only be selected where there is sufficient players and coaching staff interest.
Unable to Attend Trial
All players who are interested to be considered for our junior representative teams, but are not available to attend the selection trial must contact our club by email email@example.com and request an inability to trial form, which must be completed and returned by email prior to 2pm on the day of their division trial.
All players completing an inability to trial form must still complete the online player EOI.
Junior Representative Events
Orange Thunder will look to have a full events program for all junior representative teams. Given we are still coming out of restrictions with COVID, there is little information currently to pass on in relation to confirmed events.
All U10-U18 main teams will be attending the 2022 Junior State Cup Southern Conference, which will take place in Wagga Wagga on 18-20 February 2022. Any parents wishing to attempt to book accommodation may do so, however our club strongly encourages all accommodation bookings to be made with full refund and free cancellation.
All questions about our junior representative program can be directed to our club by email firstname.lastname@example.org